Senior Portrait Specifications for the Yearbook
We have communicated with many of the photographers in the area to remind them of our yearbook guidelines. However, as you schedule your son’s or daughter’s Senior Portrait, please be aware of our yearbook photo guidelines, as we cannot include portraits that do not adhere to them:
Deadline for Senior Portraits & Baby Pictures to Yearbook Adviser is
- Head and shoulder shots only
- No full body, props, no hands on or near the face
- No hats, no spaghetti straps or bare shoulders
- No “glamour-style” photos
- Plain background preferred- no bright or distracting backgrounds
- Please note that while we technically allow outdoor shots, please keep the background simple – not distracting (ex. No fences, horse, bright flowers, etc.). These types of photos will be rejected. This is up to the discretion of the Yearbook adviser.
- Photo size: Wallet (approx. 2 ¼ x 3 ¼ )
- Photos must be vertical
- Color photos only
- Photo on CD or email preferred – Due to resolution requirements, we highly recommend not taking your own photo. We cannot guarantee their quality in the yearbook.
November 22, 2016. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Parent Ads -January 27, 2017 – Leave a note to your graduating senior that will last forever.
Space will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Parent Ad order forms will be available on the SHS website under Yearbook. All ads will be designed by the yearbook staff and must be approved by the purchaser prior to publication.
Ordering Your Yearbook: You can order a yearbook now at www.jostens.com! The Early Bird Special is only available until Thanksgiving.
Submitting Photos – our photographers can’t be everywhere. We welcome all photos taken at school, community or sports events. Please send them in to a yearbook adviser or download to www.RePlayIt.com. The Yearbook Staff will review all photos and determine final yearbook content.
Any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org