Welcome to Kathryn C. Heffernan Elementary School! In the long tradition of Ms. Heffernan, we continue today in our "pursuit of excellence" each and every day. Some information about KCH:
- Kindergarten - Grade 3 with approximately 400 students
- We have six sections of kindergarten, five sections of 1st grade, six sections of 2nd grade and five sections of 3rd grade.
- Click Here for the KCH News & Notes Blog
- School-wide character education theme - We celebrate and focus on one character trait each month of the school year. September and October are Respect for Others and Respect for Self, November is Responsibility, December is Caring, January is Ambition, February is Honesty, March is Fairness, April is Determination, May is Citizenship, and June is: "Marcellus....Where Character Counts!"
- The KCH PTO is our very supportive parent-teacher group. We know that one of the most contributing factors to success in school is a positive and supportive connection between home and school.
We pride ourselves in being focused on our students. The learning experiences that we provide are created to stretch children to their highest potential. In our classrooms you will find children who are active learners while being involved in small group work, independent work as well as direct instruction. Our teachers work closely with and challenge students to take them to the next level in their development.
We have a strong connection with the community and feel that, "The school is the community and the community is the school."